Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th April 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||3rd April 1961|
|Next episode||10th April 1961|
Elsie is chatted up by rep Walter Fletcher. She isn't that taken but agrees to a date. Martha and Minnie are still not talking to Ena. Concepta feels trapped by Michael. Lucille hits back at Alice's bossiness. Elsie persuades the agent to sell the empty No.9 to the Cheveskis for £575. Harry tells Lucille she'll have to be nice to Alice or she'll go back to the orphanage. Ena is given a week to vacate the Vestry. Dennis finds Arthur Dewhurst bleeding in the back alley after an attack. He is horrified to discover that Arthur is a Detective.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Dorothy Greenhalgh - Joan Francis
- Mrs Dumbarton - Diana Coupland
- Walter Fletcher - Donald Morley
- Michael Regan - Shay Gorman
- Alice Burgess - Avis Bunnage
- Sylvia Snape - Patricia Routledge
- Mr Snape - John Collin
- Mrs Seddon - Cynthia Michaelis
- Arthur Dewhurst - Robin Wentworth
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,130,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|April 1961 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|