|ITV transmission date||20th July 1992 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||17th July 1992|
|Next episode||22nd July 1992|
The spider escapes. The Rovers' staff are petrified at the thought of a huge spider at large. Ken refuses to apologise to Mike as a matter of principle, despite Alma pleading with him to. Alec orders the staff to search for the spider. Raquel refuses to stay under the same roof as a deadly spider at large. Alec fears that the health and safety people will close the pub if a customer sees it. Mike makes Emily see that she'll have to go to court as his witness. Emily tells Ken she resents him using their friendship to get back at Mike. Curly agrees to Raquel staying at No.7. Angie is less than thrilled. Harry Norton tells Alec that the spider is worth £500. Angie lets it be known that the spider is loose so the frightened customers leave the pub.
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Yard
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- MVB Motors
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- TV Times synopsis: There's panic at the Rovers when a deadly animal is let loose.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,140,000 viewers (1st place).
Vera Duckworth: "Well that's not what our Jack said - he said they eat mice! I mean, it must be poisonous!"
Alec Gilroy: "No, no, not at all, Vera."
Angie Freeman: "Well, what does it do? Club 'em to death?"
|July 1992 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st