Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th July 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||27th July 1992|
|Next episode||31st July 1992|
Ivy refuses to return to work until she has sorted Don out. Vicky tackles Alec about increasing her allowance but he refuses. Derek realises that Rita will return to work after Ted's death and he'll be job hunting again. Don leaves hospital. With Frank Haskins' help he moves into the Wentworths Guest House at 191 Ashdale Road. Landlady Eileen Wentworth takes charge of him. Mr Steele, the health inspector, calls at the Rovers to check the kitchens are still clean. He tells Liz she must wear a hat in the kitchen. During his inspection, Alec sees the spider in the kitchen and is forced to catch it in his hand and squash it. Curly contacts Cupid's Arrow Introduction Bureau to make an appointment. Ivy can't believe Don hasn't returned home, she feels he must be with Julie. Frank tells her he's in a bedsit.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Victoria Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Frank Haskins - Bryn Ellis
- Nurse Clark - Anne Orwin
- Nurse Harris - Jacqueline Kington
- Eileen Wentworth - Lottie Ward
- John Steele - Bernard Latham (Credited as "Bernard Lathan")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Manager's office
- Weatherfield General - Ward
- Ashdale Road
- Wentworths Guest House
- Jacqueline Kington makes a pre-Molly Hardcastle appearance as Nurse Harris.
- TV Times synopsis: Don leaves hospital. Where will he move to?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,040,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
Alec Gilroy: "You know, sometimes I think I'm in hell."
|July 1992 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st