|ITV transmission date||31st August 1992 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||28th August 1992|
|Next episode||2nd September 1992|
Martin tells Nicky that he wants him to repay the money at the rate of 50p a week. Bet starts to pack and becomes nostalgic about past customers and friends. Alec is rushed, sorting all his accounts and books out. Betty feels that Bet doesn't care what happens to the staff and tells her that she's disappointed in her. Paula tells Andy that she's decided to go to Manchester University, not Sheffield and has been offered a place. She tells him that she's too young to settle down and wants to meet new friends. He is upset and feels a mug for loving her. Bet is pleased when the brewery value the Rovers at £25,000; less than Alec wanted. She is stunned when Alec calmly accepts the offer, saying that the money isn't important. Bet realises she belongs at the Rovers and can't leave.
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Lisa Duckworth - Caroline Milmoe
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and front bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- TV Times synopsis: What does the future hold for the bar staff at the Rovers Return?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,520,000 viewers (5th place).
Bet Gilroy: "I made some good pals - Betty, Mike, Alf, Ken, Deirdre, Rita... Rita's been grand, even if she did pinch Len off me - Len Fairclough was her first husband - I always fancied Len!"
Raquel Wolstenhulme: "But you stayed friends."
Bet Gilroy: "No fella's worth falling out with yer best mate over, love. Any road, it was a long time ago now."
Raquel Wolstenhulme: "Well she'll miss yer when yer go. They all will."
Bet Gilroy: "Not half as much as I'll miss them... If I go..."
|August 1992 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st