Irma Ogden is interviewed for the job at the shop. The Street turns out to watch the race. Jerry leads after the first lap. He pretends he's torn a ligament so he and Len can tie and Len won't be shown up. Dennis is horrified to meet Gus Lowman, the new manager of the club.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- TV Times synopsis: Len Fairclough experiences the loneliness of the long distance walker, and Elsie loses a bet.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,241,000 homes (2nd place).
|March 1964 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|