Carmel tells Martin she doesn't want to go home for Christmas. Alf eats one of his puddings in the Rovers, watched by the regulars. Jack ends up losing his £5 bet with Doug when Alf eats every crumb. Reg is thrilled that profits are up despite the recession. Ken and Deirdre get Tracy to promise not to tell Mark about his real father. Audrey and Alf go to the WARTS Christmas dinner. He eats too much and collapses during the meal, clutching his chest. Audrey hysterically tries to help him, screaming for an ambulance. Martin goes to the hospital porters' Christmas party. Gail leaves Carmel looking after the kids to be with Audrey at the hospital. Reg asks Rita to spend Christmas with him. She refuses so he asks Bet. She also refuses. Audrey breaks down, certain that Alf has died. The doctor tells her that he's out of danger and doesn't think it was a heart attack. Ken is pleased when Maggie invites him for Christmas. Gail stays the night with Audrey, phoning Carmel to tell Martin. Martin returns home completely drunk and gets into bed unaware that Carmel is lying beside him.
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Doug Murray - Brian Hibbard
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and bedroom
- The Kabin
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room
- 1 Hillside Road - Living room
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- Weatherfield General - Relatives' room
- Venue of WARTS Christmas meal
- In an error in the credits, Betty Turpin is stated to have played Betty Driver instead of the other way round.
- TV Times synopsis: Alf Roberts goes too far in order to prove a point.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,020,000 viewers (5th place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|December 1992 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th