Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||29th March 1993 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Russell T. Davies|
|Previous episode||26th March 1993|
|Next episode||31st March 1993|
Vera blames Des for his statement, feeling that he's done Tommy out of his compensation. Percy receives a letter from Olive Clarke who saw the Gazette article about the traffic problems. She tells him that his old pal Nobby Clarke has died. He is sad as Nobby was his best pal in the Army. Maureen is puzzled as Reg is cool towards her. Stella Rigby goes off to the Caribbean, offering Bet use of her villa in Tenerife. Percy contacts Olive and is invited round. The bewery tells Bet that they have no relief managers spare to cover her holiday. Mark is upset that he can't go away with Mike. Bet asks Liz to run the Rovers in her absence as relief manageress. Reg pretends he doesn't mind Maureen having a man. Liz isn't sure she could run a pub but Bet is certain she can. Vera and Jack worry about money as the bills pile up. She tells Jack that they'll have to get Des to change his statement and blame the driver. Reg accuses Maureen of taking him for a mug and tells her that he knows she has a man. She breaks the news that she in fact lives with her mother, Maud Grimes - Reg's old nemesis who he thought would have died long before. He is stunned. Liz is thrilled when Jim encourages her to run the Rovers. Jack asks Des to change his statement for Tommy's sake. Des refuses to commit perjury. Jack tells him that he owes it to Lisa to help Tom out.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Maureen Naylor - Sherrie Hewson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Tom Duckworth - Darryl Edwards
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- MVB Motors
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and storeroom
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Exterior
- TV Times synopsis: The Duckworths are after a favour from their sworn enemy, Des Barnes.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,920,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|March 1993 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st