Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th April 1993 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Russell T. Davies|
|Previous episode||5th April 1993|
|Next episode||9th April 1993|
Steve is annoyed as Andy didn't take Gabby off anywhere. Sally feels used as Vera keeps dumping Tom on her for nothing. Steve is frustrated as Vicky goes to Southampton without having spent any time alone with him. Vicky is tired of Gabby but feels obliged to look after her. Emily enjoys driving again. Bet and Rita leave for Tenerife. Masked gunmen burst into Bettabuy whilst Reg is at lunch with Maureen. They demand the till money from Jim who is collecting it. He gives them the money and they leave. One catches his foot and stumbles so Andy jumps on him. The gunman clubs Andy on the head with his gun. Liz takes over the Rovers but has to leave to rush to Andy. Jim goes with badly-cut Andy to hospital in an ambulance. Jim is furious with himself for not defending his son. Curly is furious that Reg has been wining and dining Maureen whilst he's coped with armed robbers. Reg asks him not to tell Head Office that he wasn't there. Vera is stunned when Sally tells her that she'll only mind Tommy again if she's paid the going-rate. Andy's lip is stitched and he has mild concussion. He realises why Jim is often jumpy as every day he could be killed. Derek takes Mavis for a birthday meal and is annoyed when Harry Potts delays them by buying Mavis drinks. Jim tells Andy that he was an idiot for jumping the gunman but he's proud of him.
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Tom Duckworth - Darryl Edwards
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Victoria Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Maureen Naylor - Sherrie Hewson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Gabriella Lloyd-Williams - Erica Sail
- Armed Robbers - Andy Bradford and Josh Moran
- Harry Potts - Russell Dixon
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back bedroom
- 13 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and storeroom
- The Smiling Sprout
- To allow for European football coverage, this episode was transmitted at 6.50pm in all regions except for London where transmission took place at 9.30pm.
- TV Times synopsis: Drama at Bettabuy shocks the whole street.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,830,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1993 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th