|ITV transmission date||10th May 1993 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Marvin Close|
|Previous episode||7th May 1993|
|Next episode||12th May 1993|
Doug removes the wheels from the dormobile, telling Derek that kids must have taken them in the night. Without wheels he can't move the van. Ken is amazed when a "For Sale" sign goes up outside the shop. Emily celebrates when the car tax people decide not to prosecute her, believing her explanation. Maureen goes to Bettabuy for her P45, asking Curly for it. Reg is delighted to see her but she runs off rather than speak to him. Alf assures Ken that he'll be alright as he's a sitting tenant and offers to sell the flat furniture to him. Neil tells Denise he's heard from Angie that Hanif sleeps around and she's not the only one in his life. Hanif assures Denise that he doesn't mix with his workers. Reg decides to take Maureen's P45 to her.
- Doug Murray - Brian Hibbard
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Maureen Naylor - Sherrie Hewson
- Neil Mitchell - John Lloyd Fillingham
- Hanif Ruparell - Ayub Khan-Din (Credited as "Ayub Khan Din")
- Harry Potts - Russell Dixon
- Workman - Duffy Marshall
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Bettabuy - Staff canteen
- Onyx Fashions - Factory floor
- TV Times synopsis: Denise hears worrying news about Hanif.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,290,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
Betty Turpin: "Have the butchers delivered yet?"
Bet Gilroy: "Oh, that smutty little devil? Yes he did. There's summat right mucky about him, have you noticed? He's always leering. He says 'Where d'yer want it?' I said 'In the kitchen, where'd yer think?' He said 'Well it's up to you, but most prefer it in the bedroom.'"
Betty Turpin: (laughing) "Don't you like wit?"
Raquel Wolstenhulme: "Well he said that to me last week. I thought...it's a funny place to keep mince."
Raquel Wolstenhulme: "See, I was always led to believe that I was equally good at most things, me. They told me that at school. Aye, they said - 'Raquel - you've no particular talents'."
|May 1993 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st