Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st May 1993 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Marvin Close|
|Previous episode||28th May 1993|
|Next episode||2nd June 1993|
Jim and Liz move out of No.11 and into The Queens. Liz is a bag of nerves. Raquel drops football and starts reading up on cricket as that's Gordon Blinkhorn's game. Liz is proud to have her name above her own pub. She gets to know her staff - cellarman Bob Cairns and barmaid Tanya Pooley. Bob warns Jim that Richard Willmore sacked the last manager for not dancing to his tune. Ivy looks after the Platt children and Rosie to give their parents the afternoon to themselves. Angie is depressed that she's jobless and man-less. She helps Alma tidy the cafe as it's Bank Holiday. They eat chips together as comfort. Neil tells Denise that he's given his flat up and is leaving the area. She tells him that she's sorry it's all ended like this. He tells her that he will only go out of her life if she gives him back the £3,000 he gave her to start up business. Gordon doesn't want to rush Raquel but she encourages him to kiss her. Desperate to get rid of Neil, Denise writes him a cheque. Ivy tells Don that she'd like them to spend more time with the children and thinks about future excursions. He tells her that he won't let her use the children to make them seem a couple. Alma comforts Angie as she breaks down when Neil leaves, pushing a goodbye note through the cafe door.
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope (Credited as "Tania Pooley")
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Richard Willmore - Oliver Beamish
- Bob Cairns - Steve Halliwell
- Neil Mitchell - John Lloyd Fillingham
- Gordon Blinkhorn - Mark Chatterton
- Eileen Carter - Lesley Staples
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Jim's Cafe
- Red Rec
- The Queens - Exterior and public
- First appearance of Tanya Pooley.
- TV Times synopsis: Liz takes possession of her new pub, but are her staff all they seem?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,110,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|May 1993 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st