Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th August 1993 (Friday)|
|Story associates|| Gary Brown|
|Director|| Charles Lauder|
|Previous episode||25th August 1993|
|Next episode||30th August 1993|
Angie is interested to get a letter from friend Alice Heward who has taken a design job in Mexico. Raquel applies for a place at The Mayfair Academy of Modelling in Croydon, calling herself Nadia. She wants formal training to give her more confidence but is put off by the £500 fee. Tracy gets four GCSE's. Ken is disappointed but Deirdre is surprised that she did so well. She is more bothered about her own uncertain future at the shop. The Websters return home. Kevin is worried about the trial. Debi Scott offers to sell the shop to Deirdre for £60,000 but Deirdre can't afford it. Debi tells her to run the shop down gradually until she can sell it. She offers the flat to Ken but he refuses to buy it. Alf is confused by Audrey always changing her mind about what she wants. He refuses to sit at home being a house-husband. Sally tells Gail about Joe's declaration. Gail advises her to stop looking after Jonathan. Angie tells Curly that she's trapped and wants out. She is upset when he points out that she won't do anything about it.
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- Jim's Cafe flat - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room and hallway
- Lake District - Holiday cottage
- Mervyn Cumming directed the scenes in the Lake District while Charles Lauder handled the remainder.
- TV Times synopsis: The residents of the Street are in for a surprise when they meet Mrs Scott.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,180,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|August 1993 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th