|ITV transmission date||20th May 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||18th May 1964|
|Next episode||25th May 1964|
Ena lays on the funeral tea with Emily's help. Stuart and Swindley conduct the funeral together and Martha is buried with her husband. Workmen clear out Martha's house at 7 Mawdsley Street as a new family move in. When Lily pretends to be upset over Martha, Ena rows with her. Charlie Moffitt is taken on as resident comic at the club. The Booths leave the Street.
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- Stuart Hodges - Vernon Joyner
- Lily Haddon - Stephanie Bidmead
- Wilf Haddon - Henry Livings
- Young Workman - Neville Smith
- Old Workman - Arthur Webb
- First appearance of Charlie Moffitt.
- Last appearance of Jerry Booth until 1st February 1965.
- Last appearance of Myra Booth until 24th January 1968.
- The scenes of the funeral party entering the cemetery (filmed at Manchester General Cemetery on Rochdale Road on Tuesday 12th May) were accompanied by incidental music.
- TV Times synopsis: A new arrival and a strange dog surprise the Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,880,000 homes (1st place).
|May 1964 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|