|ITV transmission date||27th December 1993 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Gary Brown|
|Previous episode||24th December 1993|
|Next episode||29th December 1993|
Emily thanks everyone for their support - the food and clothes distribution went well. Vera tries to contact the Hortons in vain. Raquel and Bet do battle at the sales. Raquel is pleased to find a homeless girl wearing one of her cast-off coats. Gail supports Ivy as she reports Don as a missing person to the Police. When they can't find a taxi, Raquel gets lorry driver Charlie Whelan to give them a lift. Jack snaps and shouts at Vera, telling her to stop fooling herself about Terry's motives. Raquel is pleased when Charlie drinks at the Rovers. Steve is stunned when Vicky calls round to No.11 unexpectedly and introduces herself to Alison as Steve's girlfriend.
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Charlie Whelan - John St. Ryan
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Vicky Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn (Uncredited)
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- MVB Motors
- Rosamund Street
- Unknown shop, precinct and street in Manchester
- First appearance of Charlie Whelan.
- Last appearance of Phyllis Pearce until 25th December 1994 as actress Jill Summers was hospitalised with an abdominal abscess.
- The police officers (DC Sheddon and WPC Davies) who call on Ivy Brennan are uncredited.
- TV Times synopsis: A chance meeting looks promising to Bet as she battles at the sales.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,300,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|December 1993 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st