|ITV transmission date||9th February 1994 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||7th February 1994|
|Next episode||11th February 1994|
Mavis feels life holds no surprises so Derek arranges a day trip to London. Percy feels sorry for Maud, stuck at home, so he visits her. Liz tells Ken she wishes he'd never put the compensation idea into her head; it's raked up the past. He goes to the brewery himself. Tanya tells Alma to keep her nose out of her private life. Liz is amazed when Mr Pollitt, the new personnel director at the brewery, offers her £2,000 compensation and explains that Richard Willmore has resigned. Maud is upset when an offer is made on her house; she doesn't want to be stuck in a coverted garage annexed to Reg and Maureen's new home. Ken is pleased for Liz and doesn't let on he went to the brewery. Mavis is aghast when Derek tells her that the trip is for six as that way they got a free seat on the coach. Mike feels he's turned into a failure. He decides to sell the lease on the unit.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- MVB Print
- Jim's Cafe
- 7 Nightingale Street - Hallway, front room and dining room
- Newton & Ridley - Exterior
- A customer in The Kabin is uncredited although she has a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: There's more than one surprise in store for Mavis as Derek tries to bring excitement into her life.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,850,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This was the final episode of the programme to be broadcast under the Classic Coronation Street banner on the Granada Plus satellite channel before it abruptly ceased transmissions at 4.30pm on Monday 1st November 2004. The run of episodes had begun just over eight years before with Episode 1588 (5th April 1976) repeated on Tuesday 1st October 1996.
|February 1994 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th