|ITV transmission date||2nd March 1994 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Writer||Frank Cottrell Boyce|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||28th February 1994|
|Next episode||4th March 1994|
Vera catches Curly training a newly employed starter at Bettabuy and verbally lays into him for not giving her the job. Des tells Raquel that she can move in with him and he gives her a door key. Raquel doesn't notice that Tanya is furious. Ken goes for a meal at Denise's flat but arrives early and catches her bringing in a takeaway and about to pretend that she cooked it. He finds the situation funny and any embarrassment is avoided. Emily persuades Bernard to start his new life with a holiday. He agrees and asks her to go with him. Maureen feels guilty about moving away from Maud. Percy visits Maud who breaks down and complains that she has lost her daughter to Reg. An upset Maureen drags Reg round to see her mother. Tanya goes to her flat alone where Alex Christie rings her to say that he can’t come round.
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe flat
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- 7 Nightingale Street - Front room
- This episode marks the 2,000th appearance of Eileen Derbyshire in the role of Emily Bishop. She was the second actor in the programme to achieve this milestone after William Roache in Episode 3130 (5th October 1990).
- Sixteen months before making her debut as Mandy Dingle in Emmerdale, Lisa Riley appears in this episode as the uncredited, silent and nervous trainee at Bettabuy.
- TV Times synopsis: The Rev Morton has a proposition for Emily Bishop.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,120,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|March 1994 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th