Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st April 1994 (Friday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Writer||Frank Cottrell Boyce|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||30th March 1994|
|Next episode||4th April 1994|
Reg and Maureen give Percy yellow roses to give to Maud. Not knowing that they think he is engaged, he gives them to Emily, thinking the Holdsworths meant for her to have them. Mrs Baker calls on Gail and breaks down. Reg is furious when Ken tells him that he's not interested in buying the flat. Emily thanks Reg and Maureen for the flowers and finds out that Maud and Percy are supposedly engaged. She’s puzzled as to why he didn't mention it. Mrs Baker tells Gail about her heartbreak and gives her a load of Mandy's toys for Sarah Louise to have. Gail accepts them but puts them in a cupboard out of the way. Mavis tells Norris she's had enough of him being around and asks him to leave. Percy is astounded when Emily congratulates him on his engagement. Derek organises a birthday party for Mavis to sweeten her. Percy tells Maud that she misunderstood him but she thanks him for freeing her from Reg and accepts the proposal. Norris leaves but not before selling Derek his car. Mavis is annoyed as it will always remind her of Norris. Derek thinks it's a bargain, even when the exhaust falls off. Gail feels Martin has changed as he isn't affected by Mandy's death.
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Charlie Whelan - John St. Ryan
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Hallway, back room and kitchen
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- 7 Nightingale Street - Front room
- Last appearance of Norris Cole until 3rd October 1994.
- TV Times synopsis: It looks as if the Street is going to see more than one spring wedding this year…
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,120,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1994 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th