Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd June 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||17th June 1964|
|Next episode||24th June 1964|
Swindley and Emily set the date for 18th July. Dennis enrols in a hairdressing course at Gerald's Salon for £60. Swindley buys Emily an engagement ring for £25. Elsie agrees to give Dennis £15 so he can enrol on the course. She tells him that she's going to get a part-time evening job. Len agrees to be Swindley's best man. Val lets Dennis watch her in the Salon. Mr Papagopolous disapproves of the engagement. In Val's absence, Dennis experiments on Lucille's hair and dyes it straw blonde accidentally.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- TV Times synopsis: Swindley and Miss Nugent go shopping, and Dennis tries his hand at hairdressing
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,375,000 homes (1st place).
|June 1964 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|