Swindley and Emily set the date for 18th July. Dennis enrols in a hairdressing course at Gerald's Salon for £60. Swindley buys Emily an engagement ring for £25. Elsie agrees to give Dennis £15 so he can enrol on the course. She tells him that she's going to get a part-time evening job. Len agrees to be Swindley's best man. Val lets Dennis watch her in the Salon. Mr Papagopolous disapproves of the engagement. In Val's absence, Dennis experiments on Lucille's hair and dyes it straw blonde accidentally.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Mr Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Irma - Sandra Gough
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and front room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Gamma Garments - Shop and exterior
- Sam Ross's jeweller's shop
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that, in this episode, the following were credited but did not appear: Minnie Caldwell (Margot Bryant), Concepta Hewitt (Doreen Keogh), Harry Hewitt (Ivan Beavis) and Charlie Moffit (Gordon Rollings). Doris Speed's credit at the start of the standard cast list is only partly visible, an attempt being made to reflect her absence from the episode at least, and the credits roll over film footage of Archie Street.
- TV Times synopsis: Swindley and Miss Nugent go shopping, and Dennis tries his hand at hairdressing
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,375,000 homes (1st place).
|June 1964 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|