|ITV transmission date||24th June 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||22nd June 1964|
|Next episode||29th June 1964|
Val tells Dennis that Lucille could easily have lost her hair and that it'll take three hours to get it back to how it was. Elsie gets an evening job, but is mysterious about it. Lucille likes her hair but Val redoes it for her at great expense. Albert starts to organise the Over 60's Club bazaar. Annie has an accident in the cellar, getting her arm jammed under a barrel. Mr Nugent refuses to attend the wedding.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- The scene of Annie Walker hurting her arm was written into the programme after actress Doris Speed was involved in a car accident which resulted in her arm being put in plaster. The cast stayed on until August.
- TV Times synopsis: Albert Tatlock has an argument with Swindley, and Elsie gets a mysterious job
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,046,000 homes (3rd place).
|June 1964 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th|