|ITV transmission date||8th July 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||29th June 1964|
|Next episode||13th July 1964|
The residents prepare the Mission for the bazaar. Florrie asks Ken's advice on the wage packet. He advises her to send it back to the factory in Ireland. Elsie tells Irma that if she doesn't want to live with her parents, she can lodge with her. Alfred Wormold offers No.13 to the Ogdens for £600 but they agree on £575. Len is shocked to hear how much Wormold has conned the Ogdens out of. Stan and wife Hilda look round the house and he puts £200 down, taking out a mortgage on the rest. Swindley worries about a downturn at Gamma Garments. Irma can't see how six of them will cope in the house. Swindley measures Len for his best man's suit. The Ogdens meet the regulars in the Rovers. Irma tells a worried Elsie that the Street won't know what's hit them when her family move in.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mr Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Mission of Glad Tidings
- Leonard Swindley's flat
- First appearance of Hilda Ogden.
- This episode was scheduled for transmission on Wednesday 1st July but a strike by members of the ACTT (Association of Cinematograph Television and Allied Technicians) union began at midnight on Tuesday 30th June which continued until 7.55pm on Monday 6th July. The episode was therefore transmitted on Wednesday 8th July. The following two episodes as written (372 and 373) were due to be recorded on Friday 3rd July but the strike prevented this. The next episode was therefore Episode 374 (13th July 1964).
- TV Times synopsis: No.13, Coronation Street is sold
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,543,000 homes (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|July 1964 episodes|
|Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|