Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th September 1994 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Writer||Frank Cottrell Boyce|
|Director||Michael Owen Morris|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||2nd September 1994|
|Next episode||7th September 1994|
Bet dreams that Raquel is in trouble and begins to worry about her. Jack dreams he was banged on the head, he takes it as an omen to back "Blunt Instrument". Curly is fed up when Andy gets a glowing management assessment. Andy isn't impressed by it as he doesn't want to be stuck at Bettabuy. Martin suspects that Nicky is being awkward as he's having problems at school. He gets a copy of his maths book to see if he can help. Jack puts the electricity money on "Blunt Instrument" and loses it all. He tries to cancel the bet with Des but is too late. Curly asks Paula not to unsettle Andy with talk of Indian holidays. He tells her how important he feels it is to provide good food for people. Martin tries to help Nicky with his maths homework but Nicky resents his interference, saying he's not thick. Gail orders Martin out of the house when he calls Nicky a spoilt brat. Andy buys a second-hand car. He gets annoyed when Curly tells his parents about his good standing at Head Office. Vera goes for Jack when she realises that he's gambled the electric money away. Martin and Curly get drunk together. Curly gives him a boring lecture about barcodes. Bet rings the modelling school and discovers that Raquel's course finished two weeks ago. Charlie feels uncomfortable by the way Bet cares nothing for Tanya. Drunken Martin tells Gail he'll try harder with Nicky as he loves her.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Tanya Pooley - Eva Pope
- Charlie Whelan - John St. Ryan
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Rosamund Street
- Skinner's Bookies
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of William Tarmey in the role of Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Jack and Bet both act on disturbing dreams.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,840,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|September 1994 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th