|ITV transmission date||15th July 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||13th July 1964|
|Next episode||20th July 1964|
Jack gets prepared to give Emily away. Swindley has a hangover and is very nervous. Concepta, Val, Annie, Ena, Minnie, Hilda, Stan and Charlie wait in the Mission Hall with Stuart, Lucille is bridesmaid, Ken and Harry are ushers. Emily tells Jack she can't go through with it because he knows it's wrong. The wedding is cancelled. Swindley knows that Emily did the right thing. He feels that she has spoken for both of them. He goes to the honeymoon hotel in Abersoch alone.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Mission of Glad Tidings
- Viaduct Street
- Emily Nugent's flat - Living room
- Leonard Swindley's flat - Living room
- Last appearance of Leonard Swindley until 14th December 1964 as Arthur Lowe took a break from the programme to appear in a season of plays at the Royal Court Theatre: John Osborne's Inadmissable Evidence and Ben Travers' A Cuckoo in the Nest.
- This episode has no credits for writer, cast or designers on the show. The end credits just include producer and director.
- This episode was repeated on Wednesday 6th May 1981 at 10.40pm as part of a week of repeats celebrating Granada's 25th anniversary. The transmission time of the repeat by Tyne Tees Television was 10.42pm, to allow for a brief local news bulletin, and 11.50pm by Thames Television. This repeat was not aired by Ulster Television, Anglia Television, Border Television, ATV, Westward Television, Yorkshire Television or Channel Television. This repeat was seen by 4,430,000 viewers (chart placing unknown but outside the top twenty). The other episodes repeated in the week were Episode 1 (the first episode), Episode 16 (the 1961 gas leak), Episode 668 (the viaduct collapse), Episode 702 (Elsie marries Steve Tanner) and Episode 923 (the coach crash in the Lake District) although these repeats were not screened in all of the ITV regions (see individual episode entries for details).
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine for this or the previous episode.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,416,000 homes (4th place).
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
|July 1964 episodes|
|Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|