|ITV transmission date||19th October 1994 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Writer||Frank Cottrell Boyce|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||17th October 1994|
|Next episode||21st October 1994|
Depressed Derek finds some consolation in listening to Wuthering Heights, saying that he knows how Heathcliffe feels. Mavis reads Wuthering Heights, feeling Derek is Cathy and she is Linton. Steve is upset to hear Fiona is going to Tenerife with a load of mates. Rita tries to persuade Mavis to return home as she thinks she's being stupid but Mavis sees herself as desolate. Derek finds out from Angela that her husband Mervyn is trying to get a lot of money from the divorce and that is why he's been cited. The Platts try to entice Nick on a night out in Blackpool to see the illuminations but he refuses to go. Gail is furious to see Don is letting him drink alcohol-free beer. Don thinks she's interfering so he gives Nick another can. Martin is annoyed by Gail's tone and the way she refuses to take Sarah Louise to Blackpool without Nick. Martin storms off to the Rovers. Steve makes the peace with Fiona by giving her his expensive sunglasses. Derek tries to take Mavis out to Haworth but she is furious when he tells her how much Angela has suffered. He tells her that she wants to believe he's having an affair with Angela because she wants a relationship with Roger. Curly tells Raquel he was sacked for sexual harassment. He feels a bad person. She feels nervous in his company but sees he's really upset. She tells him he's a wonderful person and kisses his cheek before realising she's walked into a trap, telling him no girl could ask for more. He makes it clear he wants a relationship with her.
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nick Platt - Warren Jackson
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King (Credited as "Sarah-Louise Platt")
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Hawthornes' office - Reception
- Fiona Middleton makes reference to a friend named Maxine but it is not clear if this is Maxine Heavey who first appeared in Episode 3851 (3rd May 1995).
- This episode was transmitted at 7.20pm due to coverage of Champions League football.
- TV Times synopsis: Fiona's holiday plans are a shock for Steve, while Raquel walks straight into an emotional trap.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,780,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1994 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st