|ITV transmission date||11th November 1994 (Friday)|
|Story associates|| Jan McVerry|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||9th November 1994|
|Next episode||14th November 1994|
Samir is promised a better paid job at The Casablanca. To please Raquel, Des offers Curly a job at the Betting Shop. The Wiltons prepare for their dinner party but he falters when Mavis tells him that she told Angela all he things he told her about Angela resembling Hitler. None of the guests like the food - polenta fritters and guinea fowl and find themselves united in their embarrassment of the devoted Wiltons. Deirdre tells Liz about her proposal and is hurt when Liz tells her she'd be stupid to marry Samir. Angela tells the Wiltons that Mervyn is off her back now and she wants to thank them. She gives them the use of her holiday cottage in Scotland. Curly takes Des' job. Des makes him feel he's doing him a big favour. The Wiltons are deflated when their guests leave early. Roger Crompton takes Rita for a drink in the Rovers only to find Norris and Angela already there. They are all embarrassed when the Wiltons pop in. Deirdre is stunned when Samir proposes to her, saying that he loves her and doesn't want to dodge the law. She agrees to marry him.
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Samir Rachid - Al Nedjari
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Rosamund Street
- The Casablanca
- TV Times synopsis: A memorable evening at the Wiltons as Mavis throws an anniversary party with a difference. But are Angela, Norris and Roger the ideal dinner guests?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,400,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
Derek Wilton: "Mavis, listen. This dinner party is not for us to enjoy it. No, no, no, no - we're making a statement, you and I. We're saying, 'Here we stand, Mavis and Derek; The Rockies may tumble. Gibraltar may crumble. The Wiltons endure.'"
Mavis Wilton: "Oh, Derek, I love it when you're lyrical!"
|November 1994 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th