|ITV transmission date||9th December 1994 (Friday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Cresswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||7th December 1994|
|Next episode||12th December 1994|
Betty is thrilled and proud to wear the Mayoral chain. Samir gets another job, at a Spanish restaurant, with more money than before. Alf is proud of Betty as she is charming and dignified. Denise asks Jon to buy the Salon and offers him a good price. Curly and "fiancée" Raquel go to the Soopascoopa Christmas party. She wears Bet's engagement ring and enjoys the make-believe. Mavis is miffed when Rita takes Roger Crompton to the newsagents' ball. She thinks Rita is trying to buy his friendship. Jon Welch acknowledges it seems a good idea to buy the Salon but is reluctant. He tells Denise he'll think about it. Ken is disturbed to hear Denise is moving away. Raquel is touched by the way Curly cares for her and starts to believe they are engaged as it seems so natural. Audrey demands that Alf gets rid of Betty but he refuses to hurt her feelings. Raquel is stunned when Curly asks her to marry him.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Samir Rachid - Al Nedjari
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Brian Bowes - Paul Angelis
- Jon Welch - David Michaels
- Keith Baker-Main - Richard Colson
- Jim Muir - Christopher Brailsford
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Rosamund Street
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room
- Unnamed pub
- In a crediting mix-up, Richard Colson is listed as playing Jim Muir, and Christopher Brailsford as Keith Baker-Main.
- The DJ at the Soopascoopa party is not credited, despite having a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Denise and Jon have a chat over a bottle of wine. But is all as it seems?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,670,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|December 1994 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th • Mon 19th|
Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Sun 25th • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th