|ITV transmission date||6th February 1995 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||3rd February 1995|
|Next episode||8th February 1995|
Jack is stunned and horrified when Tricia starts work at the Rovers. Audrey steals Alf's speech for the opening of South Weatherfield Leisure Centre and rings the organiser to say Alf can't attend so the Mayoress will, slightly earlier than arranged. Norris calls on Mavis when she's alone to try to get her side of the story but Derek arrives and throws him out, accusing him of intimidating Mavis. Vicky and Bet meet with Dr Carr who admits Vicky will probably fail some exams. Bet is stunned to learn Vicky isn't very academic and would probably not get into University. Vicky refuses to sit her exams. Raquel is uncomfortable when Tricia tells her about her past relationship with Curly. Fred escorts Audrey to the leisure centre which she officially opens, using Alf's speech which is full of inappropriate remarks personal to Alf. Bet is amazed that Vicky isn't as bright as she always assumed she was just because of her accent and education. Alf and Betty are horrified to arrive and find Audrey opening the centre before them. Audrey and Fred make a dash for it, leaving everyone else to sort the mess out. Sean takes Liz for a drink and enjoys being close to her. Audrey tells a furious Alf she'll embarrass him further if he doesn't let her meet the Princess.
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Vicky Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Sean Skinner - Terence Hillyer
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, hallway and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Skinner's Bookies
- Grasmere Drive
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living/dining room
- South Weatherfield Leisure Centre - Exterior and reception
- Boarding school, Codrington - Head's office
- Last appearance of Fred Elliott until 30th August 1995.
- The scenes at the South Weatherfield Leisure Centre were filmed at the doorway and reception of the Stage One studio at Granada Television's Quay Street studios which at this time was where the recording of the programme's indoor scenes took place.
- TV Times synopsis: There are surprises galore for Bet and Alf.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,330,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1995 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th
Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th