Stan has his interview at Amalgamated Steel. Elsie decides to finish with David. Ken tells Dennis that David is unbalanced and hates being crossed. Harry and Concepta say their goodbyes. David refuses to let Elsie finish with him and tells her that he won't leave her life. Lucille assures Harry she'll be alright. Alone, she weeps. Stan gets the job. Irma finds David crying in the Street. He tells her that if he can't have Elsie no one can.
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Last appearance of Harry Hewitt until 28th June 1965.
- Last appearance of Concepta Hewitt until 4th September 1967.
- TV Times synopsis: The Hewitts leave for Ireland
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,868,000 homes (2nd place).
|August 1964 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|