|ITV transmission date||2nd June 1995 (Friday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||31st May 1995|
|Next episode||5th June 1995|
The police call on Deirdre and take her to the hospital, Samir having been found with a bad head injury on the canal bank. He is in intensive care, unconscious. Fiona is hurt that Steve doesn't seem to care about her safety. Steve is scared when the heavy returns to say he's from a debt collector who wants paying. Denise tells Fiona she'd like her to manage the Salon for her as she wants to stop work and spend time with Daniel. Fiona is thrilled. Billy takes Betty to the Ritz ballroom for a tea dance. She is uncomfortable when he suggests they have a foreign weekend away together. He urges her to be impulsive. Fiona is upset when Steve doesn't share her joy over her promotion. She slams out of the flat to spend the night at her parents' house. Steve asks Vicky for £5,000 but she refuses. Deirdre is stunned when the doctors tell her that Samir isn't going to recover. She gives her consent for his kidney to be taken for the operation. Ken comforts her.
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Samir Rachid - Al Nedjari
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Vicky Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills
- Daniel Osbourne - Lewis Harney
- WPC Jackson - Jane Lancaster
- Nurse - Adele Lawson
- Mr Mitchell - John Middleton
- Denny Bull - Tim Crouch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 12 Coronation Street - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Dun 2 A T
- Jim's Cafe flat - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Corridors, Intensive Care Unit, waiting area and relatives' room
- Ritz Ballroom
- Final appearance of Al Nedjari as Samir Rachid.
- Sarah Lancashire (Raquel Wolstenhulme) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: There's a shock for Deirdre and Ken as they wait for news from the hospital.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,480,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|June 1995 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th