|ITV transmission date||3rd July 1995 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||30th June 1995|
|Next episode||5th July 1995|
Liz doesn't think that Vicky and Steve will be happy together but Jim is impressed by his catch. Fiona tries to convince herself there's no point in being upset over Steve and Vicky as she did not want him. She feels that Vicky doesn't know what she's letting herself in for. Bet is full of reasons why Vicky should not marry Steve and summons Alec from Southampton. Vicky is upset by her lack of support and considers moving out of the pub. Steve suggests that instead of running away they could get married quickly. She wants a white wedding in church but sees the sense on a quick one. Audrey is delighted when Brian Bowes meets her and takes her out for lunch. He tells her that he knows Harry Potts and his girlfriend Connie Holroyd are responsible for the missing Mayoral fund. Alec arrives at the Rovers to sort Vicky out. He is uneasy being back and Bet is equally uneasy having him back. He blames Bet for not alerting him to what was going on sooner. Bet tells him that she is certain Steve is after Vicky's money. Vicky and Steve arrange to get married in a couple of days. Andy agrees to be their best man. Rather than face Alec they book into a hotel until they're married. Mike delights in telling Ken that he's talked to Deirdre and that if he's still interested in No 1 he can have it. Ken is surprised. Alec and Bet are shocked when Jim and Liz tell them the wedding is in a couple of days.
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Vicky Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Daniel Osbourne - Lewis Harney
- Coronation Street exterior - Ginnel
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room, hallway and yard
- 8 Coronation Street - Garden
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Dun 2 A T
- Rosamund Street
- White Lion - Interior and exterior
- First appearance of Alec Gilroy since 2nd September 1992.
- Although Vicky Arden's date of birth was established as 8th January 1977 when she celebrated her 16th birthday in Episode 3487 (8th January 1993), her birth certificate in this episode gives her date of birth as 25th November 1976.
- TV Times synopsis: The rover - alias Alec Gilroy - returns to the Rovers.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,020,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|July 1995 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st