Bill feels terrible about the gutted kitchen. Bet tries to make things as nice as possible for Vicky, giving her a champagne breakfast. Vicky is pleased when Bet gives her blessing. Audrey makes Alma feel uncomfortable by going on about the improbability of Mike's affair. She then tells Deirdre what the gossips are saying. Audrey is flummoxed when Emily points that Mike has always been kind to her as well. Alec refuses to say goodbye as Vicky and Steve leave for St Lucia. Sally returns to find her home in turmoil and a strange man in residence. Fiona tries hard not to be affected by the news that Steve and Vicky have eloped. Sally feels sorry for Bill who tells her that he'll make the kitchen better than before. Kevin is pleased by the way Sally takes to Bill. Deirdre assures Alma that the rumours are unfounded but Alma is still miffed that they were once lovers. Alec tells Bet he's willing to stay at the Rovers if she'll have him. She tells him that she's thought of it herself but it wouldn't be a good idea. She is sad as he leaves for Southampton.
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Vicky Arden - Chloe Newsome
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Sophie Webster - Ashleigh Middleton
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- Last appearance of Alec Gilroy until 10th April 1996.
- TV Times synopsis: For the first time since he arrived back at the Rovers, Alec has a chance to talk to Bet about their marriage. Is there a future for them together?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,750,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|August 1995 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th