Irma clears up the mess in the shop. Florrie has to have six stitches in her arm. Albert plans to turn his yard into a garden. Annie offers to look after Florrie but Nurse Hadfield tells her that she wants Hilda to do the job. Albert tries to get the boiler in the Mission going. Annie worries that she and Jack have grown apart in recent years and Jack has to convince her that he still cares for her. Florrie tells Hilda that she regrets buying the shop and wants a man in her life. Stan lifts the flagstones for Albert with beer as a payment. Dennis takes Elsie to see a horror film. Ena takes charge of a lonely and confused Florrie when she goes into the Rovers in her pyjamas. Stan uncovers a bomb in Albert's yard.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Yard
- Corner Shop - Florrie's bedroom
- Mission of Glad Tidings - Cellar
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that in this episode the following were credited but did not appear: Lucille Hewitt (Jennifer Moss), Valerie Barlow (Anne Reid), Kenneth Barlow (William Roache), Miss Nugent (Eileen Derbyshire), Len Fairclough (Peter Adamson) and Mr Swindley (Arthur Lowe).
- TV Times synopsis: Albert Tatlock's plan to landscape his back yard leads to dangerous complications
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,012,000 homes (joint 2nd place with 9th September 1964).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|September 1964 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|