|ITV transmission date||9th September 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||7th September 1964|
|Next episode||14th September 1964|
The residents are evacuated to the Mission cellar as the army are called in to defuse the bomb. Ena organises everyone and reminisces about the blitz with Albert and Minnie. Florrie refuses to leave the shop and has to be carried, kicking and screaming to the Mission by Stan. The residents relive the war singing their favourite songs. The army defuse the bomb but the residents enjoy themselves too much to return home. A Policeman tells Florrie that there's an Irishman waiting for her in the Street.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Yard
- Corner Shop - Florrie's bedroom
- Mission of Glad Tidings - Cellar
- John Quayle makes a pre-Anthony Stephens appearance as Captain Platt.
- Instead of the theme music being played at the end of the episode, the credits run against the sound of the residents singing Keep The Home Fires Burning.
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that in this episode the following were credited but did not appear: Lucille Hewitt (Jennifer Moss), Valerie Barlow (Anne Reid), Kenneth Barlow (William Roache), Miss Nugent (Eileen Derbyshire), Len Fairclough (Peter Adamson) and Mr Swindley (Arthur Lowe).
- TV Times synopsis: History repeats itself in Coronation Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,012,000 homes (joint 2nd place with 7th September 1964).
- This episode was included on the Granada and Windsong Video Coronation Street 1964 released on 5th November 1990.
|September 1964 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|