Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th October 1995 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||13th October 1995|
|Next episode||18th October 1995|
Bet has a sleepless night and confides in Raquel that no one will lend her the money she needs. She feels she's had her day. Denise is annoyed that Ken has asked Rita to be Godmother without consulting her. Bet gives Betty a garter to wear for her wedding and she surprises everyone by trying it on behind the bar. Bet is pleased when Vicky turns up and apologises, telling her she's the closest to a mother she has. Bet feels patronised as Vicky explains her plan to buy her a small house for which Bet would pay a nominal rent and be around when she's needed. Bet rounds on her, pointing out she housed her rent-free for four years as she loved her. Vicky is bewildered by her reaction and calls her ungrateful. Bet publicly throws Vicky out of the Rovers before turning on all the customers and throwing them out. She closes the pub, stunning Betty and Raquel. Anne Malone complains to Reg that Leo has been sexually harassing her and has made advances towards her. Reg doesn't know how to deal with the complaint but makes a note of it. Don grows concerned about Bet and calls on her. He finds her with her bags packed. She tells him she's finished with Weatherfield and the Rovers so she's leaving. A taxi arrives but she has no idea where she's going.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Nick Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Anne Malone - Eve Steele
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Vicky McDonald - Chloe Newsome
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- The Kabin
- Firman's Freezers - Shop floor and manager's office
- Last appearance of Bet Gilroy until 10th June 2002 although the character also appears in all six episodes of the 1999 Spin-off Coronation Street - After Hours.
- TV Times synopsis: A day to remember as landlady Bet leaves the Rovers Return.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,220,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Golden Anniversary DVD Collection, released by ITV Home Entertainment on 11th October 2010.
|October 1995 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th