Tickler Murphy thanks Florrie for sending his wage packet back. He tells her that he plans to stay in England until he has made his fortune. He shocks her by suggesting he moves in. Annie finds the till is £2 short. Tickler talks Minnie into taking him in as a lodger, sharing a room with Charlie. Hilda feels that Annie thinks that Irma has taken the money. Tickler makes Florrie feel important. Florrie discovers cigarettes are missing from the shop. The residents realise that someone went on the rampage during the bomb scare.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- TV Times synopsis: Tickler Murphy settles in, and money is missing in the Street
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,150,000 homes (1st place).
|September 1964 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|