Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th December 1995 (Monday)|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||1st December 1995|
|Next episode||6th December 1995|
Vera is furious to find Jack behind the bar with buxom Lorraine Ramsden. She demands that Jack sacks her even though he feels that she'll be a hit with the customers. Audrey has a complete beauty make-over to prepare for her visit to Buckingham Palace. Derek sulks as Mavis plans her cruise with Rita. She feels obliged to drop the cruise and spend her holiday with Derek. Lorraine takes her sacking badly, accusing Jack of leading her on. Steve goes to the Salon for a haircut. Denise tells Fiona that she doesn't have to deal with him but Fiona cuts his hair, trying to prove he doesn't bother her anymore. He tells her that she threw him into Vicky's arms when she threw him out of the flat. Vera apologises to Betty and pleads with her to return to the Rovers. Betty agrees to lunch-times only, no weekend work and complete control over the food. Mavis gets caught up in the romance and glamour of a cruise and decides she will go with Rita. Denise entertains Brian Dunkley in the flat for another session "going through the books". Ken feels sorry for her having to work with boring Brian. As he prepares to go to the Palace, Alf feels he is unworthy to receive the OBE. Bill is astounded to receive a tax demand for £1,400 for tax from 1984 plus interest. He doesn't know where he's going to find the money. Audrey spends so long looking for her diamond earrings that the Roberts' miss the last train to London.
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Vicky McDonald - Chloe Newsome
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Denise Osbourne - Denise Black
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tony Horrocks - Lee Warburton
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- The Kabin
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room
- 37 Hillside Crescent - Living room
- Piccadilly Station - Exterior and platform 7
- The Station Master at Piccadilly is uncredited, despite having dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Bill Webster has financial troubles while Rita has money burning a hole in her pocket.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,720,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|December 1995 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th