Tickler is more interested in the shop than Florrie. Stan is alarmed when Irma sends him a 'get well' message via a request on Housewives' Choice. Trevor overhears the residents suspecting Irma of being the thief. Annie advises Florrie to set a trap for Irma. She sees through it and walks out. Irma finds Len's petty cash box empty in Trevor's room. Trevor leaves a note saying he's gone to London.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- This episode marked the writing debut of Geoffrey Lancashire, a prolific contributor of scripts in the 1960s and father of Sarah Lancashire (Raquel Watts).
- This episode was the final one to be produced by Tim Aspinall who had started in the role only four months earlier with Episode 357 on 13th May 1964. He returned to the programme as a writer on four episodes in 1975.
- TV Times synopsis: Tickler Murphy plans Stan's future
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,154,000 homes (2nd place).
|September 1964 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|