Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th September 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||23rd September 1964|
|Next episode||30th September 1964|
The residents don't know who to vote for in the elections. Hilda can't sleep through worrying about Trevor. Tickler asks Florrie to help finance Stan's wrestling. Ena tells the candidates to visit her at the same time. The residents demand their money back from the Ogdens. Val feels there's something wrong with Lucille. Minnie rents a television but Ena wants to know where the money's come from. Stan goes into training. Ena agrees to let him use the Mission for 10% of his earnings.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Tickler Murphy - Patrick McAlinney
- Nigel Hunt - Jeffry Wickham
- Fred Marsh - Roger Rowland
- Miss Stafford - Margaret Lambert
- H.V. Kershaw began the second of his eight stints as producer with this episode, leaving the role on this occasion with Episode 429 on 20th January 1965.
- TV Times synopsis: ...in which Ena throws some political dynamite
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,559,000 homes (joint 1st place with 30th September 1964).
|September 1964 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|