Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st April 1996 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Executive Producer||Carolyn Reynolds|
|Previous episode||29th March 1996|
|Next episode||3rd April 1996|
Josie suggests to Don that they remortgage their houses to buy the garage and doesn't care what her daughter thinks of the idea. She feels she's investing in their relationship. Eric Firman tells Curly that Reg has faxed him resigning his job. Maud worries about Maureen's state of mind and decides to go to Lowestoft to find her. Curly stops her and says that he'll go instead. The Wiltons are told to meet Tim Hedges at the allotments. Derek realises it can't be for real because of his name and thinks Des is playing an April fool on them. Bill replaces slates on The Kabin roof. Mike urges Sally to push Kevin harder as the garage is a bargain. Maureen is relieved to see Curly, she is distraught as all she knows is Reg has resigned from work and disappeared. Josie reads a letter from Mike to his solicitor over how much the garage is worth. Derek and Mavis enjoy themselves poking fun at Tim Hedges' name when they meet him. He is stunned when they tell him that they've seen through his and Des' trick. Eric tells Curly that he's discovered Reg has run off with the wages clerk, Yvonne Bannister, after she inherited a large sum of money. Curly doesn't know how he's going to tell Maureen. Josie tells Don the garage is worth £50,000. Don decides to make Mike an offer. The Wiltons are stunned when Billy Williams tells them Tim Hedges is really in charge of allotment allocation. Des is amused by their horrified reaction. Maureen fears for Reg's safety and blames herself for not moving south with him. She feels she must find him.
- Josie Clarke - Ellie Haddington
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Raquel Watts - Sarah Lancashire
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Baldwin's Sportswear - Factory and office
- Lowestoft - Promenade, quayside and Reg's flat
- Scottish Television chose to transmit this episode at 10.30pm and an edition of World in Action at 7.30pm (with Scotsport being shown in-between) rather than follow the rest of the country's broadcasting pattern.
- TV Times synopsis: Josie and Sally both have exciting plans for the future. Mavis and Derek endure a bad day.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,420,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1996 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th