Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th April 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||24th April 1961|
|Next episode||1st May 1961|
Ena spreads it about that Elsie is engaged to Arthur Dewhurst. Martha writes a letter to an agony aunt for help over Ena but doesn't send it. Annie is annoyed when Billy refuses to work behind the bar after the garage. Concepta persuades Harry to help Jack organise the annual Street picnic. Annie decides that she and Jack are going to the Licencee's Dinner and Dance. Linda worries about Ivan travelling so far to work each day in Warrington. Ida's mother, Nancy, has a heart attack and Ida moves in to nurse her. Linda falls down the stairs at No.11.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ivan Cheveski - Ernst Walder
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Linda Cheveski - Anne Cunningham
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- This episode carries no director credit, either on-screen or in TV Times.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,082,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|April 1961 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|