|ITV transmission date||2nd November 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||28th October 1964|
|Next episode||4th November 1964|
Minnie observes Len's comings and goings from No.11, on Ena's orders. Len begins having his meals at the Tanners'. Elsie is caught unprepared when he arrives first thing in the morning for breakfast. Dennis calls him dad to wind him up. Elsie refuses to let Len get physical. Trevor sends £4 home to repay some of the money he owes. Len isn't pleased when Elsie makes him do the washing-up but he pretends he isn't bothered. Dennis puts an advert in the paper asking 'Loverdoll' to meet him under the town hall clock. Elsie lays on a candlelit dinner for Len. Dennis doesn't understand why Elsie suggested the trial marriage. She tells him she has to be sure as it'll be her second time around. Stan is amazed when Len leaves the Rovers after a single pint to keep his date with Elsie. The fireworks frighten Bobby. A frozen Dennis waits at the rendezvous point for Sandra Petty to make herself known to him. Stan tells Emily about his comfortable life on the dole for her study. Sandra doesn't turn up but Lucille tells Dennis that she's waiting for him at home.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room
- Weatherfield Town Hall - Front entrance
- Stan Ogden gives his age as forty-eight, whereas later episodes establish his (believed) birth year to 1922 making him forty-two at this point in time. The "believed" refers to Stan's discovery after reading his birth certificate in Episode 2364 (28th November 1983) that he was actually born in 1919.
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that in this episode the following were credited but did not appear: Ena Sharples (Violet Carson), Valerie Barlow (Anne Reid), Kenneth Barlow (William Roache) and Florrie Lindley (Betty Alberge).
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis finds a new father and an old flame
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,457,000 homes (1st place).
|November 1964 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|