|ITV transmission date||4th November 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||2nd November 1964|
|Next episode||9th November 1964|
Elsie gives Sandra Petty the once-over before a petrified Dennis arrives home. The girl turns out to be one of Dennis's hairdressing clients who is madly in love with him. She missed their appointment earlier as her father had control of the paper. Dennis tries to keep Elsie there but she abandons him to his fate. Sandra gives Dennis a lock of her hair he'd previously cut from her head. Elsie goes back inside to make sure that Sandra is behaving herself with Dennis. Sandra suggests eloping to Gretna Green if Elsie stands in their way. Len gives Minnie a full account of his movements and flummoxes her. Len tries to help Dennis out by pretending to be his dad and asking him about his other girlfriends. Elsie sees him off and Dennis tells Sandra that Len is a Hungarian refugee with a glass eye that Elsie took pity on. Dennis runs with Len's idea and tells Sandra that he's engaged to Irma. Sandra doesn't believe him and decides to ask Irma herself. Hilda goes into No.11 to borrow some milk and reports back to the residents, who are dying to know what's going on. The Walkers get their music license. Sandra lets Dennis think she's going home before tackling Irma. Emily questions Elsie and Len on 'marriage and morals' and tells Dennis about Sandra going into the Rovers. Irma thinks Sandra is taking the mickey and is about to set her straight when Dennis's arrival prompts her to go along with the lie. Sandra surprises Dennis by wishing them luck and leaving to pursue one of the other men she sent a letter to.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings (Credited as "Charlie Moffit)
- Irma Ogden - Sandra Gough
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Sandra Petty - Heather Moore
- First appearance of Sandra Petty and last until 31st May 1965.
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that in this episode the following were credited but did not appear: Ena Sharples (Violet Carson), Lucille Hewitt (Jennifer Moss), Valerie Barlow (Anne Reid), Kenneth Barlow (William Roache) and Florrie Lindley (Betty Alberge).
- TV Times synopsis: Lover Doll meets the Tanners and Irma lends a helping hand
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,322,000 homes (2nd place).
|November 1964 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|