Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th October 1996 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Ann McManus|
|Previous episode||16th October 1996|
|Next episode||21st October 1996|
Having established that Maud is going to bingo, Maureen invites Bill round for the evening. Raquel starts work at the Imperial Hotel and starts to socialise with the other beauticians. Jack gets Jamie to agree to stop skiving school by threatening to withdraw the promise of his own pigeon. Ashley moves into No.5. Don tells him that now he has his rent money he doesn't need to work so many night shifts. Ashley is disappointed as he was hoping to entertain Kelly. Bill tells Maureen that she means a lot to him and she leads him upstairs. She is horrified when she sees Maud arrive home. Maud sees Bill's van and decides to leave them alone. Maureen is confused and feels that she can't go to bed with Bill. She assures him that there will be another time. Claire is pleased when Becky tells her that she likes Des. Des tells Claire that he can't let her turn her back on the money and suggests that she moves out but continues to be his girlfriend. She warns him that if she moves out then they are finished.
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Claire Palmer - Maggie Norris
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Daniel Osbourne - Lewis Harney
- Kelly Thomson - Sarah Moffett
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Raquel Watts - Sarah Lancashire
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Jamie Armstrong - Joseph Gilgun
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Anne Malone - Eve Steele
- Sean Skinner - Terence Hillyer
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Becky Palmer - Emily Aston
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and yard
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Nightingale Street
- 7 Nightingale Street - Living room, front bedroom, hallway and dining room
- Imperial Hotel - Spa
- TV Times synopsis: Maureen asks Bill if he'd like to spend the evening with her.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,410,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|October 1996 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th