|ITV transmission date||28th October 1996 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Previous episode||25th October 1996|
|Next episode||30th October 1996|
Kelly is upset that Ashley is trying to act macho. Claire and Becky agree to move into the bookie's flat for a month to see how they like the situation. Curly tells Raquel that the Malletts' show of affection made him feel jealous. Liz thinks that Jim's £500 was insulting. She wants to settle up but also wants a fair deal. She asks Andy to act as go-between but he refuses. Fred is annoyed by the new masterful Ashley and blames Kelly for changing him but she tells him that it's Don's fault. Sue Jeffers apologises to Ken for all that happened in Southport and thanks him for being understanding. Fred advises Ashley to show Kelly he's the boss by grabbing her for a kiss. Claire and Becky move into the bookie's flat. Kelly is pleased when Ashley kisses her passionately and apologises but he oversteps the mark when he tells her to shut up so she slams the door on him again. Liz agrees to accept £1,000 from Jim.
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Kelly Thomson - Sarah Moffett
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Claire Palmer - Maggie Norris
- Becky Palmer - Emily Aston
- Raquel Watts - Sarah Lancashire
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Sean Skinner - Terence Hillyer
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Daniel Osbourne - Lewis Harney
- Sophie Webster - Ashleigh Middleton
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Hallway and yard
- 17a Victoria Street - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: Jim and Liz come to an agreement. Claire makes a decision about her living arrangements.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,510,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
Andy McDonald (about Sean Skinner): "I wondered how long it'd be before he made a move on the lovely Samantha."
Betty Williams: "I hope he's doing no such thing!"
Andy McDonald: "Why? what have you got against him?"
Betty Williams: "Well he's a bookie and she's a barmaid... we've had enough bother with bookies and barmaids over the years to last us a lifetime."
|October 1996 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th