Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||4th December 1996 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Gillian Creswell|
|Previous episode||2nd December 1996|
|Next episode||6th December 1996|
Sally is annoyed when Kevin refuses to help look after the children. She takes Sophie into work, infuriating Mike who thinks that she's in the way. Tony is tired of Maxine and hopes to take up with Gill Ferguson. Joyce wins £100 on a scratchcard bought at The Kabin. She is thrilled but Tricia is annoyed that she didn't buy the card. Alec tries to get Vera to agree to hosting an Irish night with his acts. Gerry Turner tries to present Liz with a gift but she refuses it. Fred realises that Rita isn't going to accept him so lets her out of it by saying he's a womaniser and that he's proposed to two other women at the same time. She has mixed feelings as she doesn't know what her answer would have eventually been. Judy apologises to Joyce when Joyce shows off her new jacket. Liz is terrified when she returns home to find Gerry has been and left the gift on her table. Curly accuses Angie of looking down on him and the Street residents. She is sad that he is dismissive and leaves to return to Canada.
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Sophie Webster - Ashleigh Middleton
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Joyce Smedley - Anita Carey
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tony Horrocks - Lee Warburton
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- MVB Motors
- 170 Park Street - Liz's flat
- Baldwin's Sportswear - Office
- Last appearance of Angie Freeman until 21st March 1997.
- This episode was transmitted at 9.30pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football.
- TV Times synopsis: Nanny Kelly's sudden disappearance causes endless problems for Sally and Kevin Webster. Liz sees mystery man Gerry.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,440,000 viewers (10th place - combined figure including repeat).
|December 1996 episodes|
|Sun 1st • Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Sun 8th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Sun 15th
Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Sun 22nd • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Sun 29th • Mon 30th