Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||31st January 1997 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Jim O'Hanlon (Credited as "Jim O'Hanlan")|
|Previous episode||29th January 1997|
|Next episode||2nd February 1997|
Gary worries that Judy is rushing round too much but doesn't tell her that he thinks she's pregnant. Maud suggests Bill moves in with them to a shocked Maureen. Roy is depressed about losing his home and his job. He realises that the only answer is to buy the cafe himself. Des takes the mickey out of Sean for his interest in Samantha. Alma brings Paul Buckley and his colleague Michael Pearce back to the cafe. Gail tells Roy that he'll need to raise £30,000 to buy Alma's share and he goes off to see the banks. Alma tells Mike that she thinks the two men will buy the cafe. Deirdre is not sure about moving back in with Ken. Sue Jeffers finds out that Deirdre still has a key to No.1 and questions why. Judy has no news for Gary and tells Joyce that she'll be the one to tell him when the time comes, not her mother. Bill decides to move into the flat over the Corner Shop. Sally works late to help pack up ready for the markets, still worrying about selling counterfeit goods. Roy tells Gail and Martin that he's not raised a loan but has cashed in savings accounts containing money his gran left him to raise the money to buy Alma's share of the cafe.
- Maureen Holdsworth - Sherrie Hewson
- Bill Webster - Peter Armitage
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Maud Grimes - Elizabeth Bradley
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Sean Skinner - Terence Hillyer
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Joyce Smedley - Anita Carey
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 8 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- Skinner's Bookies
- Baldwin's Sportswear - Loading bay
- Steve Huison makes a pre-Eddie Windass appearance as Michael Pearce.
- TV Times synopsis: Roy has his mind on solving Gail’s business problems. Sally’s worst fears have been confirmed and she's caught up in Mike’s dodgy dealings.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,270,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|January 1997 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Sun 5th • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Sun 12th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th
Fri 17th • Sun 19th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Sun 26th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st