Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||5th February 1997 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Jim O'Hanlon (Credited as "Jim O'Hanlan")|
|Previous episode||3rd February 1997|
|Next episode||7th February 1997|
Mike can't believe Alma has turned Roy's offer down. Derek is dismayed to hear from Billy Williams that his allotment shed has been broken into. Sue Jeffers is cold to Ken at work. Roy is puzzled over why Alma thinks he and his money need protecting. He is sad as he wants the cafe. Sally finds it hard working with counterfeit goods behind the backs of Kevin and the workers. Ida, told she can no longer have access to the storeroom where the goods are accuses Sally of being up to something with Mike. Gail accuses Alma of not selling to Roy because she knows it would help her out. Alma realises that Gail really isn't exploiting Roy and apologises for saying she was. Alma tells Gail that she's worried that if Roy makes a mess of the business, Gail will get burnt. Gail tells her she is being arrogant and patronising and says she must sell to Roy. Sue tells Ken she doesn't want to see him until he's decided if he wants a relationship with her or Deirdre. Derek is annoyed that his tools have been stolen. Roy is pleased when Alma agrees to sell him the cafe for £35,000. Mike is relieved it's all over though he thinks Alma could have pushed Roy for more. Sally breaks down and tells Kevin about her selling counterfeit stock, saying she can't stand it anymore. She feels she's a criminal and is grateful when Kevin tells her they'll sort it out together.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Sophie Webster - Ashleigh Middleton
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Roy Cropper - David Neilson
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Ida Clough - Helene Palmer
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, front room and hallway
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Sportswear - Shop floor
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Corridor and Head's office
- Last appearance of Ida Clough until 18th May 1997.
- TV Times synopsis: The workers are restless at Baldwin's Sportswear. Sally doesn't know how much longer she can fend off Ida's questions.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,430,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1997 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th