Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th February 1997 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Jim O'Hanlon (Credited as "Jim O'Hanlan")|
|Previous episode||12th February 1997|
|Next episode||16th February 1997|
Ashley is amused that Becky has sent him a Valentine and disappointed that Maxine hasn't sent him one as he's posted one to her. Anne doesn't pick Curly up so he's late for work and misses a meeting with Eric Firman. She tells him the car broke down but he refuses to listen to her. She pleads with him to like her, saying she'd do anything for him. He snaps and starts to shake her, telling her he won't play her games. Eric sees them and is horrified. He sacks Curly on the spot. Jack is thrilled when Betty arrives to look after the pub so he can go to the dance with Vera. Maxine admits to Fiona she likes having Ashley panting after her as he's like a puppy she can train. Samantha is furious to hear Curly has been sacked because of Anne's manipulations. Tricia helps out behind the bar but has to stop when she goes into labour. Betty is forced to look after her, with Jamie's help. Liz is stunned to discover Fraser is buying The Hour Glass from George Freeman. The Duckworths return home to discover Betty and Jamie have delivered Tricia's son but as he's so premature he's in an incubator.
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Becky Palmer - Emily Aston
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Anne Malone - Eve Steele
- Betty Williams - Betty Driver
- Samantha Failsworth - Tina Hobley
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Jamie Armstrong - Joseph Gilgun
- Billy Williams - Frank Mills
- Eric Firman - Malcolm Terris
- George Freeman - Duggie Brown
- Fraser Henderson - Glyn Grain
- Lewis Knox - Antony Bessick
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- Firman's Freezers - Shop floor and corridor
- The Hour Glass bar
- Final appearance of Frank Mills as Billy Williams.
- TV Times synopsis: Tricia feels a twinge and begins to wonder if the baby's due. Curly tries to shake some sense into Anne.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,320,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
Betty Williams: "Alec, you’ve got a job, love. Come behind the bar will you, and run this ship?"
Alec Gilroy: "I’m sorry, Betty. I realise you’re busy but things have been said you know, and after all, it is Friday night."
Betty Williams: "All right then, I’ll run the bar. You go in there and help the woman have the baby! Go and see Tricia!"
Alec Gilroy: "Right, you’ve just hired a barman!"
|February 1997 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th