|ITV transmission date||21st February 1997 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Anne McManus|
|Previous episode||19th February 1997|
|Next episode||23rd February 1997|
Alan is furious to hear Fiona has been at The Hour Glass to spy on Fraser. He tells her to stay away in future, out of harm's way. She is thrilled when he tells her her loves her and wants her kept safe. Liz tells Fraser she has no regrets after spending the night with him. She is flattered by the way he gives her money to spend, saying she deserves the best as she's a lady. Joyce is annoyed that she has to clean up the pub for the baby's homecoming and asks Judy to walk Scamper. Liz tells Alan she doesn't want to spy on Fraser as she's certain Steve is safe. Alan tells her that if she doesn't cooperate Steve's parole might be cancelled. She accuses him of blackmailing her but he makes her that he's serious. Liz is upset when Deirdre refuses a lift in her car because it's been bought by a criminal. Becky is upset when she leaves dye on Claire's hair too long and bleaches it too much. Claire rushes to the Salon for help. Judy forgets to walk Scamper when Gary chases her into bed, turned on by her sexy new dress. Kevin is annoyed when Tony playing around with his new car and neglecting the garage. Joyce rows with Judy for not walking Scamper. Fraser tells Liz not to buy modest outfits as he likes her in mini-skirts. Joyce walks Scamper at night and crosses Ashdale Road only to be hit by Tony in his car. He tries to brake but fails and Joyce bounces over the car and lies still in the road.
- Claire Palmer - Maggie Norris
- Becky Palmer - Emily Aston
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Alan McKenna - Glenn Hugill
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Joyce Smedley - Anita Carey
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Deirdre Rachid - Anne Kirkbride
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Tony Horrocks - Lee Warburton
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Back room and public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, front room and hallway
- Hair by Fiona Middleton
- The Queens - Public
- Unnamed road near The Queens
- Fraser Henderson’s office
- Ashdale Road
- Final appearance of Anita Carey as Joyce Smedley.
- Valentino Musetti was credited as the Stunt Co-Ordinator and Helen Caldwell as Stunt Double on this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: Joyce storms off after a row with Judy.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,730,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1997 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Sun 16th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th