|ITV transmission date||30th November 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||25th November 1964|
|Next episode||2nd December 1964|
Ena returns from Vera's and pumps Minnie for the latest gossip. Minnie doesn't tell her about the panto at the mission but Jack mentions it. Ena vows to bring a halt to the plans. Emily looks for Annie to invite her to play the Fairy Godmother. Lucille discovers she isn't at the Rovers but doesn't think anything of it. Ena doesn't know what to do about Sunday dinner as she doesn't have anything in and the Corner Shop is closed. She decides to take Annie up on the offer she made on Stan's wrestling night and join the Walkers for tea but finds her hostess is absent. Ena isn't fooled when Jack says it slipped his mind that Annie was going to Joan's today. Jack realises that Annie has found out about Mrs. Nicholls when Lucille tells him that Annie had the key to his drawer. He calls Joan but gets no answer there. Elsie has gone to stay with Dot, leaving an incapable Dennis to cook for himself. Dennis agrees to play Buttons in Cinderella on the conditions that he's named as a special appearance on the program and poster and Emily makes his dinner. He gets working on his singing voice and sings a duet with Emily. Emily promises Ena that she won't put to any inconvenience by the panto. Jack reaches Joan and finds that Annie isn't there.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Charlie Moffitt - Gordon Rollings
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- The end credits play over Jack Walker's phone call to Joan Davies, with the dialogue continuing as the credits roll. The theme music only takes over in the last few seconds.
- Vera Lomax is said to have more than one child in this episode, whereas later episodes establish that she has only one, Colin Lomax.
- From Episode 172 (6th August 1962) to Episode 459 (5th May 1965) the programme featured a standardised cast list for the regular characters. This means that in this episode the following were credited but did not appear: Annie Walker (Doris Speed), Albert Tatlock (Jack Howarth), Valerie Barlow (Anne Reid), Kenneth Barlow (William Roache), Elsie Tanner (Patricia Phoenix), Florrie Lindley (Betty Alberge), Len Fairclough (Peter Adamson), Irma Ogden (Sandra Gough) and Hilda Ogden (Jean Alexander).
- TV Times synopsis: In which Ena comes to lunch at the Rover's and finds her hostess missing.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,480,000 homes (joint 1st place with 2nd December 1964).
|November 1964 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|