Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th March 1997 (Sunday)|
|Story editor||Paul Marquess|
|Story associates|| Ann McManus |
|Previous episode||28th March 1997|
|Next episode||31st March 1997|
Mike tries not to worry about the Police suspecting him as he knows he's innocent. Gary is annoyed when Judy prefers to spend Easter Day chatting to Joyce's grave at the crematorium than with him. Audrey calls on Alma to offer support over the fire and is thrilled to see the Police take Mike in for more questioning. Jim gets fed up with Andy drinking and his aggressive manner. The Police keep Mike sweating in the interview room all day before admitting they have no news. Audrey spreads rumours about Mike burning his factory down, upsetting Alma. Maxine gets Ashley to take her to a nightclub where she orders expensive drinks. She is embarrassed to be seen with him by her friends, Robbie and Melanie, and passes him off as her cousin. Ashley is furious and walks out on her. Alma tells Mike she thinks he did set fire to the factory but isn't telling her as he thinks that she needs protection. He assures her he didn't start the fire and is angry when she doesn't believe him.
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alan McKenna - Glenn Hugill
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 2a Coronation Street - Living room/kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen and hallway
- Weatherfield Police Station - Interview room
- Rant Nightclub, Manchester
- Although scheduled to be transmitted at the usual time of 7.30pm, the previous programme - live Grand Prix coverage - overran and therefore this episode began at the later time of 8.00pm.
- A small change to the title sequence was introduced with this episode when, after some three years of the logo appearing on differing external shots of the Street, the sequence was regularised to end with the logo superimposed over what had been the penultimate shot - that of the cat.
- TV Times synopsis: Things go from bad to worse for Mike. Maxine does the dirty on Ashley.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 12,460,000 viewers (7th place - combined figure including repeat).
|March 1997 episodes|
|Sun 2nd • Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Sun 9th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Sun 16th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Sun 23rd • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Sun 30th • Mon 31st