Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th April 1997 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor|| Paul Marquess|
Ann McManus (Credited as Deputy Story Editor)
|Story associates|| Jim O'Hanlon|
|Previous episode||7th April 1997|
|Next episode||11th April 1997|
Norris arrives at Mavis' party with PC Bentley to break the news that Derek is dead. Rita goes with Mavis to identify the body. Jim struggles to keep calm when he confronts Andy about leaving University. Andy is drunk and explains that he intends to be a dropout. Rita tries to comfort Mavis but she is numb with shock. She feels her life will be meaningless without Derek and is upset that her last words to him were not ones of love. Tricia warns Vera that she won't remain a prisoner at the Rovers and, if she wants to find a man to be Brad's new father, she will. Judy has a relapse over Derek's death as it reminds her of Joyce. Emily is stunned by Derek's death and offers Mavis support but Mavis throws it back in her face as she had made excuses not to attend her party. Rita worries that Mavis is too calm and hasn't cried. Alma worries for Mike when he grows certain that he'll go to prison for arson. Norris gives Mavis her birthday present from Derek's car. Alone she opens it and finds a silver locket engraved with love to her. She weeps over it.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Rita Sullivan - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Norris Cole - Malcolm Hebden
- Alma Baldwin - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Chris Collins - Matthew Marsden
- Fred Elliott - John Savident
- Ashley Peacock - Steven Arnold
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gary Mallett - Ian Mercer
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Tricia Armstrong - Tracy Brabin
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Judy Mallett - Gaynor Faye
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Fiona Middleton - Angela Griffin
- Maxine Heavey - Tracy Shaw
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Jim's Cafe
- No. 4 Montreal House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield General - Relatives' room
- First appearance of Norris Cole since 29th December 1996.
- First appearance of Fred Elliott since 29th December 1996.
- This episode was transmitted at 9.35pm to allow for coverage of Champions League football.
- TV Times synopsis: Mavis receives terrible news. Mike despairs, thinking there's no way out of his difficulties.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,540,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1997 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Sun 6th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Sun 13th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Sun 20th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Sun 27th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th